Pockets – I tried to improve upon my pocket construction this time around. I was hoping to get the ribbing to be a little neater and flatter. It did turn out better… at first. Then after washing the ribbing was all wavy again. Maybe I need thicker ribbing? The stuff I used was pretty thin and stretchy.
Pockets – I had never done welt pockets before and struggled so much trying to understand the Ottobre instructions. I finally decided to take some scrap fabric and do a test. It really helped me and made a couple mistakes on it that I was able to do correctly for the real shirt.
Flatlock stitching – I also hadn’t done flatlock stitching before. I had to practice a bit on before attempting it on this shirt. I’m happy with the results! Kind of a neat effect. I was worried about the stitches being too loose and coming undone over time, but it has survived a lot of washes.
This shirt was pictured on a boy in the magazine, but I think it looks great as a girl’s shirt as well.