This is technically version 2 of this shirt, but I’m only documenting this one. 🙂 I messed up on the neckline of the first shirt so this is my remake.
Things I Learned
Pockets – I needed extra help understanding the understitching of the pockets and thankfully found a tutorial for the kids’ Flycatcher tunic that describes the same process: How to sew understitching for pockets.
Neckline – I didn’t fully understand the instructions for the neckline facing. I believe that I was supposed to turn the entire facing piece to the inside of the shirt, but I was worried it was going to make the neckline too wide for my tastes. I’m so used to doing binding that I just stuck with that. Unfortunately, either because of my fabric type or user error, the front of the neckline is a couple of small waves. 😦 This won’t prevent me from wearing it at home, but may prevent me wearing it out and about. We’ll see.
Sleeves – I really like the batwing sleeves! I was skeptical at first, but once I tried it on I can feel how comfy they make it.