Ottobre 5/2014

Ottobre – 5-2014 #5 New Boheme Jersey Tunic

This is technically version 2 of this shirt, but I’m only documenting this one. 🙂 I messed up on the neckline of the first shirt so this is my remake.

Things I Learned

  • Pockets – I needed extra help understanding the understitching of the pockets and thankfully found a tutorial for the kids’ Flycatcher tunic that describes the same process: How to sew understitching for pockets.
  • Neckline – I didn’t fully understand the instructions for the neckline facing.  I believe that I was supposed to turn the entire facing piece to the inside of the shirt, but I was worried it was going to make the neckline too wide for my tastes.  I’m so used to doing binding that I just stuck with that.  Unfortunately, either because of my fabric type or user error, the front of the neckline is a couple of small waves.  😦  This won’t prevent me from wearing it at home, but may prevent me wearing it out and about.  We’ll see.
  • Sleeves – I really like the batwing sleeves!  I was skeptical at first, but once I tried it on I can feel how comfy they make it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s